Because I definitely do, and I’d hate to be all on my own.
Oh I do love a glass of wine, but all too often that glass of wine does not love me back.
Are you one of those people who find it hard just to have one glass, or even two?
I am, and I blame my genes of course. Well, we can’t change the genes but we don’ have to be slaves to ‘em.
In my 20′s I certainly did my bit for drunken revelry. Luckily I had sobered up and got a bit sensible by the time I had children.
Children and hangovers just don’t mix. Alcoholism and parenthood is a tragic combination.
But I still love a glass of wine or three.
The Problem With Alcohol Is…
1. It makes me depressed, after a few evenings of a few glasses.
2. It makes me put on weight. It just does, of course it does.
3. You need to keep drinking more to get the same effect.
A Few Tricks I Employ
1. Rarely have wine in the house, just like my favourite chocolates. Would love to be able to resist but by now I know myself too well.
2. Drink fizzy drinks out of wine glasses… is that just sad?
3. Drive. Enough said.
4. Try to get that ‘instant relax’ in other ways. All ideas welcome!
Now ‘fess up. Is alcohol a health and weight loss/maintainence issue for you too?
Can you share your best ideas, cos I really need them.
I’m linking up with Fitness Friday over at Kate Says Stuff. Kate’s in the midst of packing her house to move, lets all wish her luck, and strength and courage to deal with all that. Take it easy Kate!