Here’s the best present my little daughter has ever received.
Well done Aunty Mairi, who posted this book over from Scotland for Minnie the Minx’s fifth birthday.
It is a huge hit, and here’s a recipe from it that she makes with great joy. Most of the boys liked these mini pizzas too, but not so much with me as I am well aware that pastry is not my friend.
But for the kids, carbs are the go and these cute mini pizzas provide them with a serve of veggies too.
Mini Fairy Pizzas
375g packet of ready rolled puff pastry
1 medium red oonion
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp dried herbs
pinch of salt and pepper
150g mozzarella cheese
150g cherry tomatoes
1 tbs milk
Oven temp: 220 C
1. Peel onion and slice thinly.
2. Cook onion in olive oil gently for around five minutes.
3. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper.
4. Unroll pastry and cut into 24 squares.
5. Brush milk around the edges of the pastry squares.
6. Spoon some of the onion and herb mixture onto the middle of each square.
7. Cut the tomatoes in half and put a half on each square of pastry.
8. Scatter with grated or diced mozzarella.
9. Bake for approx 12-15 minutes.
10. Wash your hands, sit down and eat!
I’ve just had a search and have found the book on sale at Fishpond.
It’s available also from Amazon.
So I’m off to buy a couple of copies as we have some girls’ birthday parties coming up.
Do you have a little fairy who loves to cook?Non-disclosure! My sister really did send this from the UK, no freebies here!