My life often feels like one long search for a healthy afternoon snack for the kids!
Here’s something that does fit the bill, and once you have the ingredients to hand, and a powerful blender, they’re dead easy to make.
- 150g dried apricots
- 125g walnuts
- 250g mixed other dried fruits eg sultanas, figs, dates, glace ginger
- 100g rolled oats
- 1tbs tahini
- 2tbs cocoa powder
- Soak apricots in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Place apricots and nuts in blender and blend.
- Add in rest of ingedients and blend until forms a smooth paste.
- Rolls teaspoonfuls into balls and then roll these in shredded coconut.
- Keep in fridge.
- Feed to hungry children!
This is the coconut that I like to use to roll these balls in.
The kids have tried rolling them in Milo as well, which worked well at the time, but they didn’t look so great a day later.
OK, I’ve shared one, can you let me know of any of your fave snacks for the kids after school?
Also, advice on how you stop yourself scoffing the lot is always welcome!